Archive for February 2009
We are constantly on the lookout for new social app that make our social networking life a lot easier and enjoyable. Today, we spotted HelloTxt, a smashing app that lets you updates your status on many social services such as Twitter and Facebook all at one go. HelloTxt has introduced some nifty features that we feel would be really useful and make HelloTxt an even better app. Here are some of the features below.
- Friend Status: You can now read the last status update from your friends all in one single page. You can also merge your contacts if they belong to more than one social network. More features coming.
- Facebook Application: It’s a completely new HelloTxt Facebook Application! Thanks to all members of the HelloTxt Facebook Group for all the feedback.
- Email Gateway: You can update your status via email (as well as attach pictures to enrich your status) to various groups of social network. Just write into the subject of the email: 1 to social you linked to inhome, 2 to social you linked to friend, 3 to social you linked to colleague.
- TwitterFeed Application: It’s one of the most-used Twitter 3rd party apps, enabling users to post RSS feeds to Twitter… but now you can post through HelloTxt to all your social networks.
And that is about all the features added that we thought were pretty awesome. We will be keeping track on more updates of HelloTxt so be sure to check back for more updates. Feel free to subscribe to our blog updates by email or RSS or comment and let us know what you think of this post!!
After our post on the news about Safari 4 beta being released, there has also been a blog post from the Omni Group stating that 4 of their app which were originally paid softwares: OmniWeb, OmniDazzle, OmniDiskSweeper And OmniObjectMeter have became freeware. This is really great as Mac users can now have more choice of free browsers and apps to use.
OmniWeb which is the main app is a web browser with decent features and is currently in Version v5.9. You might want to check out and try out all these apps to have a feel of whether you would be using these apps. So far, I love OmniDazzle and should be using it for screencasts and screenshots. What was your takeaway from this latest freeware changes?? Feel free to subscribe to our blog updates by email or RSS or comment and let us know what you think of this post!!
Apple has just released the new Safari 4 Beta and from the look of it, it is working really great and is packed with lots of new features and is significantly faster than the pervious version of Safari. Here is a list of their main new feature. [Full list here]
- Top Site: Similar to Opera’s Dial-up that lets you view your favorite sites at a glance.
- Cover Flow: Cover Flow for your bookmarks and browsing history.
- Full History Search And Search Suggestions: Site history and search suggestions improvement.
- Tabs On Top: Pretty new interface feature similar to Google Chrome.
So far, we like the new Safari a lot and have found no problems with the app though it is a beta. In summary, Safari 4 Beta has a nicer interface, has more features and is a lot faster, so be sure to go check it out. Feel free to subscribe to our blog updates by email or RSS or comment and let us know what you think of this post!!
We love to be on the upbeat of the latest trends and events taking place so we love Twitter Search which give us a real-time updates of the latest trends happening in Twitter. But we found out other ways to do so as well. In this post, we will show you 5+ ways on how to keep up with the latest Twitter trends.
- Twitter User [RealTimeTrends]: Shows you the latest Twitter trends without missing a beat
- Twitter User [twendly]: Shows the latest current Top 10 search trends.
- Twitter User [twopular]: Check out who started the latest trend in Twitter.
- Twitter Mashup [twopular]: Trends on Twitter aggregator.
- Twitter Mashup [Twist]: Check out the latest trends with graphs and lots of neat details.
And you will never be skipping a beat to the latest Twitter trends with these ways. We will be chasing more trends that are hot and will be posting them once we get the latest news. Feel free to subscribe to our blog updates by email or RSS or comment and let us know what you think of this post!!