TweetDeck Desktop Gets An Update
Along with the release of the new TweetDeck for iPhone, the Tweetdeck Team is also releasing a new version of their Tweetdeck Desktop. Some of the mains highlights in the new version include the following:
- Sync – you can automatically synchronise TweetDeck between your desktop and iPhone, making it really simple to import your columns and groups so you can be up and running on iPhone in a matter of minutes – no reinventing the wheel. Sync works in the background so whenever you change a group or add a new search column it’s updated and available on all your computers and your iPhone. This also means that everything can be backed up in case your computer ever crashes.
- Multiple account support – you can now have multiple accounts with no need to switch between them. Whether you’re on the desktop or iPhone we’ve made it simple to see all your columns, for all your accounts and tweet from any account or even cross-post tweets to numerous Twitter accounts at the same time.
- Unlimited columns – you’ll be happy to hear that you can now have as many columns as you’d like on TweetDeck. No more 10 columns limit, now the sky’s the limit.
- Local trends – rather than only being able to see what’s trending on Twitter as a whole, with local trends, you can now see what’s hot among your own friends and colleagues. You’ll be able to run local trends on any of your columns in TweetDeck.
Here’s a quick list of everything else that you can expect to see in the new desktop version:
- Conversation window – View an entire dialogue all at once.
- Video playback – Watch Qik or 12seconds video clips from the comfort of TweetDeck.
- New ‘Block & Report Spam’ button – Just one click will delete the message from view, block the user and report them to Twitter.
- TweetDeck Recommends column – Find new and interesting people to follow whether you’re a Twitter newbie or a veteran of the Twitterverse.
- ‘Reply All’ – Tweet everyone mentioned in a tweet in just a couple of clicks.
- YFrog – Share and preview YFrog photos inside TweetDeck.
- Smart filter – Start typing a username to find a person and add them to a group quickly and easily.
- RE (In reference to) tweets – Easily comment on a discussion.
Now that’s a lot of mouthful — be sure to download it and try it out yourself!!