Posts Tagged ‘mac’
Tweetie is considered to be among the most popular and best Twitter client on the iPod Touch/iPhone and it has recently released Tweetie on the Mac desktop. From the look of it, Tweetie has a neat and slick interface combined with a whole lot of features such as multi-column organization, search feature as well as multiple accounts support. Though, you might want to consider carefully before deciding to fork out $14.95 (only until 14 May, after which the price is raised to $19.95) for Tweetie or else you can still stick with the free ad-supported version for the time being.
Anyway, Tweetie might just prove to be a strong contender to other Twitter AIR clients such as Tweetdeck as well as native Mac Twitter apps like Twitterrific in the ever-increasing list of Twitter clients. Be sure to check out what Mashable and TechCrunch has to say about this for a more complete review about Tweetie. As always, we will be keeping track on the latest development of Twitter clients and apps.
We use our computer everyday and there are some applications that we will get to use very often. In this post, we will show you 15+ must-have free smashing applications and softwares for your Apple Mac that we have found and tested out (not in order of merit).
- NetNewsWire: A really amazing browser-based RSS reader that has a neat interface and cool functions.
- Adium: A must-have multi-protocol IM client for your Mac.
- AppFresh: A software updater that manages all your softwares updates from one place.
- Quicksilver: A productivity application to enhance your workflow with shortcuts.
- Growl: Elegant notifications system application.
- Transmission: Free light-weight BitTorrent P2P client, a must-have application for your Mac.
- AppCleaner: Uninstall an application completely and easily.
- Cyberduck: Awesome FTP and SFTP client for your Mac.
- Camino: An internet browser with a slick interface for your browsing needs.
- Colloquy: IRC client for your IRC chat needs.
- LiteIcon: Made by the same developer that made AppCleaner that changes icons on your Apple Mac.
- TextWrangler: Powerful general purpose text editor for your Mac.
- iStat Menus: Monitor your computer stats using this nifty tool.
- The Unarchiver: Cool app to extract and unarchive lots of file formats.
- Skitch: We showed you this wonderful screenshot application in our previous post.
- VirtueDesktops: Awesome virtual desktop manager for multi-tasking.
That is all for the 15+ Most Must-Have Free Excellent Apple Mac Apps Ever. You might want to read our previous posts such as 20+ Stunning Free iPod Touch/iPhone Wallpapers and 8 Most Must-Have Free Addictive iPod Touch/iPhone Games Ever . Feel free to comment or subscribe to our blog updates by email or RSS!!
Installing applications and softwares on a Mac is easy, which is a quick drag-and-drop process. Uninstalling them might seems the same as dropping it in the Thrash but lots of files such as log files and caches and preferences files are left on your computer. uApp is a freeware that uninstall the applications you want completely and easily.
When you first open uApp, it will prompt you to add an application to it. So just drop an application you want to uninstall and it will bring up a list of files you should delete as well. Check the files you want to delete and you can be sure you will not find a trace of that application again. Simple as that.
On a quick note, uApp is not under any more active development so I will be reviewing more active Mac software uninstaller next time!! Comment and let me know some uninstaller that you use!!