Posts Tagged ‘mashable’
Twitter was recently entangled in a lawsuit due to an impersonation case of Tony La Russa and La Russ bought Twitter to court. And though it was widely reported that Twitter was to pay La Russa legal fees, Twitter has refuted the report by saying that it has no intent to pay him any time now. But this impersonation has brought up an issue to clear up confusion and ensure authenticity of famous users on Twitter. So Twitter has launched Verified Accounts Beta in an attempt to prevent impersonation again. Twitter explains it as follows:
The experiment will begin with public officials, public agencies, famous artists, athletes, and other well known individuals at risk of impersonation. We hope to verify more accounts in the future but due to the resources required, verification will begin only with a small set.
So far, some accounts that have been verified so far include Mashable, and Michael Arrington. Of course, what might be confusing about this is the criteria — how high-profile do you have to be in order to get verified? What do you think — comment and let us know.
All this talk about Google Wave on the web, more than enough to dim the upcoming Bing is making us and maybe you ask the question: what in the world is Google Wave?? We want to know for sure too but truth is — we don’t quite know for sure. All Google has there are some feature pages and a sneak video (a long 1 hour 20 minutes video — you might need some popcorn ;)), so we won’t know if Google wave is good or bad for now. And if you are the type who don’t mind waiting, sign up on their waiting list for Google Wave while will be avaliable later this year or if you want to know more, Mashable managed to get a chance to try it out and we are dying for our chance too. With all that hype about Google Wave, let’s just hope that can last us through the year for the official launch of Google Wave. (about 6 more months to go)
Twitter is hot and making an impact on social networking on the web. With the recent Twitter race between Ashton Kutcher and CNN as well as Tweetie just released for the Mac, Twitter is becoming more and more significant in the social networking and social media world. It is no wonder Twitter is a great platform for many awesome extensions to develop. In this post, we will show you to 70+ Twitter apps, add-ons, services, mashups and plugins to enhance your Twitter experience. Please help us spread this post on Twitter if you liked this article!! All of the Twitter apps listed below are free unless otherwise stated:
Apple Mac Desktop Twitter Clients
- Twitterific: Undoubtedly one of the most popular native Twitter app on the Mac, Twitterific has a rich set of features as well as a gorgeous and slick interface. You can get an ad-supported Twitterific for free but if you want to remove the ads, you would have to pay $14.95.
- TwitterPost: One of the earliest Twitter client on the Mac, TwitterPost might not have been updated for a long time, but its neat and clean interface might be appealing to some users.
- Eventbox: A social app thats integrates Flickr, Facebook, Twitter, Pownce, Digg, Reddit, RSS and Google Reader all in one great place. Eventbox is currently a shareware with a price tag of $15.00.
- MoodBlast: Ping your latest status update to iChat, Skype, Adium, Twitter, Jaiku, Tumblr and Facebook in MoodBlast without using multiple apps. MoodBlast is a charityware so be sure to donate if you can to support its development!! Kudos to the developer for such a useful app!!
- TwitterPod: Another neat and simple Twitter app with all the basic features.
- NatsuLion: Designed to be simple and easy to use
- Blogo: A shareware priced at $25.00 that is designed for bloggers to manage their blogs and social networking accounts all in one place.
- Lounge: Neat interface that is similar to iTunes and its iPhone counterpart, Lounge is currently in alpha stage but shows great promise as a prominent Twitter app.
- Tweetie: We told your about Tweetie at the start of this post. Tweetie is a native Mac Twitter app that is comparable to other Twitter AIR apps.
- DestroyTwitter: A relatively new Twitter client with an unusual interface.
- Nambu: Another popular Twitter client that is on the rise.
- Bluebird: Highly customizable with themes and is both clean and simple, Bluebird is still in its beta but it is showing quite a huge potential.
- Pwitter: A Twitterific clone that is free and slightly more functional.
- Scalaris: A menubar app thats uses Growl to notify you of updates.
Apple Mac Dashboard Twitter Clients
- Twidget: Update and track the latest Tweets in your Dashboard by using Twidget, a highly functional widget
- Twitterlex: Another client that boost a highly simple and compact interface and is also highly functional.
- TwitterBoard: Another Twitter client on the Dashboard.
- Twitgit: Tweet from your dashbaord and keep track of the latest tweets.
- Chirp Widget: Sweet customizable Twitter widget with a stunning interface.
Adobe AIR Clients (Cross-Platform, supports Windows, Mac and Linux)
- thwirl: One of the best and well-known Twitter AIR client, twhirl is both simple and highly functional.
- TweetDeck: TweetDeck place much emphasis on organizing your Twitter feed based on categories and groups and is highly suitable to Twitter users.
- Snitter: Another neat Adobe AIR client for light Twitter users.
- Spaz: An Adobe AIR Twitter client that is open-source and licensed under a BSD license.
- Seesmic Desktop: A neat Twitter client from the Seesmic team.
- feedalizer: One-click micro-blogging client that supports Twitter, FriendFeed and Flickr.
- Tweetr: Send file to your friends just by dragging it to Tweetr as well as camera function using this cool Twitter app.
Firefox Twitter Plugins
- Twitbin: One of the most popular and simplest twitter plugin on Firefox
- TwitterFox: Another neat Firefox Twitter client alternative.
- TwitterBar: Now you can tweet a quick post from your address bar in FireFox using this nifty app. A small Twitter icon sits to the right of your address bar; clicking on it will post your tweet, and you can hover your mouse over it to see how many characters you have left.
- TwitKit: Another awesome Twitter client alternative for tweeting on Firefox
Other Twitter Clients
- Pwytter: A free multi-platform Twitter client written in Python.
- PeraPeraPrv: Pure Java client that is cross-plaform.
- Tweetbox: A Twitter client built in JavaFX
- Tweeter: Another Twitter app built on Java.
Mobile And iPod Touch/iPhone Applications
- Hahlo: A cool Twitter web client that is specially optimized for iPod Touch/iPhone users with a sleek interface and rich set of features to satisfy your Twitter needs when you are on the move.
- TwitterFon: A simple and clean Twitter app on the iPod Touch/iPhone
- Twitterific: The most popular Mac Twitter app comes to the iPhone with the same terrific interface.
- Twinkle: One of the best Twitter app on the iPhone with a neat functionality.
- Nambu: Twitter + FriendFeed + Ping.fm + pic.im/tr.im client on the iPhone.
- Twittlelator: Another fully featured Twitter iPhone app.
- NatsuLion For iPhone: Open Source Twitter goodnesss on your iPod Touch/iPhone with very small memory footprint.
- PocketTweets: Twitter web interface for your iPhone
- twitterforiphone: Neat web Twitter client optimized for your iPhone
- iTweet: A great web client that is very light-weight loads very fast and is suitable for both the iPhone and mobile phones.
Twitter Image + Vidoes + Music Sharing And Hosting
- Twitpic: Among the most popular app to share picture on your Twitter account from your desktop or mobile phone.
- Yfrog: Another photo sharing service create by ImageShack with a simple and neat interface.
- Twitgoo: Twitgoo has an interface that is similar to Twitter itself and is another great alternative to Twitpic.
- Twadl: Share photo and track how many people clicked on the link you posted. Uploading of music files will be supported at a later date.
- Twibeo: Fun and easy way to share photos and videos using Twibeo.
- Posterous; Update and share the latest media files just by emailing Posterous without having to sign up.
- Picktor: Picktor is very unique and convenient as it allows you to manage and tag your photos across your social networks, such as MySpace, Twitter, Flickr and Facebook.
- Pix.im: Another free service that lets you upload your picture and share as well as tag and monitor the stats of the pictures.
- Tweetcube: Tweetcube allows you to share files on Twitter such as music, images and videos by uploading them with a cap of 10 MB and then tweeting on Twitter.
Twitter Ranking/Measurement/Visualizations Tools
- Twitterholic: Check out the latest ranking of all the Twitter users across the world as well as monitor your followers trends and other stats.
- Twitterank: Calculate your ranking and confidence level using Twitterank based on many criteria.
- Twitter Grader: Another Twitter app that measures your reach, ranking and other details.
- TwitGraph: Twitgraph presents all your Twitter stats and data in a easily digestible pie chart form.
- TweetStats: Same as TwitGraph except that it uses colorful bar chart instead
- Twitter Stats: Another mashup alternative to visualize your Twitter stats
- WeFollow: A Twitter directory arranged according to many categories such as tech and music and has a massive number of Twitter users lists based on follower count.
Twitter Buttons, Icons And Generators
- Twitter Buttons: A cool site that offers loads of Twitter buttons for you to use.
- MySocialButtons [Twitter]: A huge collection of gorgeous and high-quality Twitter buttons and icons that are free to use.
- Tweetsnap: Generate a Twitter badge photo with the latest tweet and place it on your site.
- Tweetbars: Generate signature badges to be used on your blogs, emails or forums using your Twitter account.
- TwitStamp: Similar to Tweetsnap but it offers a greater level of customization.
- Tweeterized: Another neat Twitter badge generator with a high level of customization.
- Twitter Tag: Another Twitter badge generator with unique features.
- Prettytweet: Create your own Twitter background using this simple app.
- Tweetmeme Button: Let your reader and friends retweet your posts using these buttons.
- TweetSmarter: Generate an instant retweet link using this nifty tool
More Twitter Resources, Lists And Collections
- Social Bookmarking Buttons: 25+ Sets Of Free Stunning Web 2.0 Icons [Over 500+ Icons]
- TWITTER TOOLBOX: 60+ Twitter Tools
- Twittermania: 140+ More Twitter Tools!
- 26 Ways To Share Images and Pictures on Twitter [List]
- 181 Free Twitter Buttons, Badges, Widget and Counters to Help You Find Followers
- Twitter Fan Wiki Ultimate List Of Apps
If you want to get private beta invites to the newest sites and stuffs, then you shoould not look any further than Mashable Invites. Here is an easy step-by-step guide on how to start getting some awesome and exclusive invites to the private beta sites.
- Firstly,go to Mashable Invites, sign up for an account there and then login.
- Then choose a site you like, click on its link and if there is an invite available, click “Request Invite” and repeat this step until you requested for invites for all the sites that you like.
- Be patient and if there is an invite available, you will get your invites real soon.
Mashable Invites has many site invites (close to 50 pages) and is updated frequently, so it is the best place to get invites. What is the best sites up for invites now?? Please comment and let me know so I can get that invite too!!