Posts Tagged ‘reddit’
Check this out, Reddit user can now get the ad-supported version of Reddit on their iPhone now. It’s almost the same as the paid version. You can see the top stories on Reddit and vote up or down a story once you log in along with other features. Be sure to check it out by clicking here.
There has been no news of the iPhone Reddit news, iReddit for a long time, but they have just update it with a new version that fixed bugs and changed quite a few stuffs. It’s up for grabs for $0.99 for the time being here. And on a side note — the ad-supported iReddit Free is coming on its way, so keep your eyes peeled on that/
Looking for a job around and you are an avid reddit user? Then, reddit might just has the thing for you — introducing reddit job board. reddit job board is the latest new initiative by reddit for jobseekers to seek jobs and for employers to post jobs which is a pretty nifty addition. However, the rate for posting a job is $300 for 30 days which is pretty steep for any potential employers out there. So reddit has an offer for employers out there: get 50% off a job posting within the next 2 weeks by using this coupon code: Reddit. TechCrunch has an even better offer: the first 50 who use the code “TechCrunch” when listing a job on the site will get $175 off of the listing price. Other than that, reddit job board is a great idea — you can find jobs easily and vote up or down a job that you like or dislike, awesome or not — we will leave that for you to find out.
Are you ready to digg (or bury) some ads? Well, Digg is going to implement a new advertising platform called Digg Ads. Here is the gist on how it works exactly:
Digg Ads will give you more control over which advertisements are displayed on Digg. The more an ad is Dugg, the less the advertiser will have to pay. Conversely the more an ad is buried, the more the advertiser is charged, pricing it out of the system.
It will be kicking start in about a few months time and when it begins, expect to see these ads appearing alongside the other Digg stories but they will be clearly marked as sponsored and may link to stories, video trailers, independent product reviews — pretty much the same as other Digg stories. This is clearly an attempt by Digg to find a suitable advertising model to that is both sustainable and profitable. We know that Reddit has been doing this for a long time and it has been working for them so far — so it might just work for Digg as well. We don’t really know the full details yet, but if you have any opinions on this like finding them distracting, be sure to comment and let us know.
Update: reddit is fixed now. It was broken for about 40 minutes. Seems like it was a database problem. Thanks to the reddit team for fixing it so quickly.
Is it just me or is reddit broken? Seems like when visiting reddit, you will receive an error saying that you broke reddit. Even after refreshing many times, the fail alien still remains and it is quite frustrating for reddit users like me who likes reddit a lot. If you are experiencing the problem as well, please comment and let me know. We will be keeping more update on this reddit fail. Meanwhile, check out our reddit toolbox post while reddit gets fixed: Reddit Toolbox: 16+ Tools, Resources And Apps To Get The Most Out Of Your Reddit Experience
Though not as popular as its social bookmarking counterpart Digg, we still use reddit a lot and we like many things about reddit ranging from the great features and interface to its cute red alien mascot. So we compiled a list of many apps, mash-ups and stuffs to get the most out of your reddit experience. All of these reddit stuffs are mostly free unless otherwise stated and we hope you will like them after trying them. Feel free to subscribe to our blog updates by email or RSS or comment and let us know what you think of this post!!
iPod Touch/iPhone Apps And Mobile Application
- Main reddit site: Here is where you will spend most of your time on reddit browsing the latest top reddits and submitting anything that you found interesting, funny or just “WTF”
- Mobile reddit: The stripped-down and faster version of reddit on your mobile phone.
- iReddit: The official iPod Touch/iPhone reddit app that lets you have access to all the usual reddit functions in a normal apps such as vote, comment, share, and save links as well as view subreddits. [More info here]
- open source reddit: A free and open source reddit app for your iPod Touch/iPhone if you do not want to pay just to use reddit on the move.
- Satellite: Another reddit app for your iPod Touch/iPhone. We have not tried this out yet but from the look of it, you might want to take a look at it which is cheaper ($0.99) than iReddit ($1.99)
Firefox Plugins, Scripts And Extensions
- Socialite: A reddit Firefox extension which lets you enjoy all the reddit features from your browser. [More Firefox scripts and plugins at Userscripts and Firefox plugins page]
- Add Reddit Comments To Digg: A Greasemonkey script for Firefox to “add Reddit comments to Digg for the same article & allows you to submit comments to Reddit as well.”
- reddit commentroversy: Another Greasemonkey script to show up and down votes for reddit.
- SocialMonkey: Another Firefox plugin that shows the following info about a story on reddit: Number of diggs the story has received, Number of people that bookmarked it on del.icio.us and Number of links to the story according to Technorati.
Blog And Other Widgets
- Reddit Button WordPress Plugin: Display a reddit button on your blog posts with high customization.
- Reddit WordPress Widget: Displays your latest liked items on reddit.com on your WordPress blog.
- Reddit Links: This cool Opera browser widget displays a list of links from reddit. [more reddit widgets at WidgetBox]
- reddit.com: what’s new online!: A stunning widget from Widgetbox which displays the latest headlines and news from reddit. Add it to your WordPress blog or MySpace page and many other networking services.
- reddit bookmarklets: Don’t use Firefox? Then add and drag these bookmarklets to your Internet Explorer or Safari to have the functionality of reddit.com in your toolbar.
- reddit buttons and widget: Show your love for reddit by putting up all these reddit buttons on your blog for people to reddit your posts or pull in the latest reddit headlines and displaying them through a customized reddit widget.
- Twitter reddit: If you use Twitter a lot, then follow reddit on Twitter for the latest updates and newest reddits.