We told you about offline Gmail in our last post and told you some of the cool functions as well. In this post we will show you a complete review as well as a walkthrough/tutorial/guide of this amazing offline Gmail service. Follow the steps below and you should be able to set up offline Gmail in no time.
1. Ensure that you have a Gmail account as well as Google Gears installed on your browser.
2. For this post, I will be using an Apple Safari but Firefox and Internet Explorer should work too.
3. Log in to your Gmail account and go to Setting > Labs and enable Offline Gmail.
4. Now Gmail will prompt you when enabling Offline Gmail such as installing a shortcut on your computer.
5. After which, it will start synchronizing all the mail and you have to be patient while it does so (only about 10,000 messages will be downloaded)
6. Now you can enjoy Offline Gmail by unplugging your internet!!
I tried the Offline Gmail and I have to say it is really convenient and works great so far, though I could not view any images or send mail. Hopefully, Google will be bringing more offline access and support to Google Calander, Google Earth, Google Reader and maybe Google Search (maybe). Let me know what you think about this or keep updated on the latest news and updates by subscribing to my email or RSS updates!! 😀