Archive for March 2009
Gmail has just launched a new great feature that might prove useful to many Gmail users. Say hello to Undo Send, a new feature that lets you undo and stop sending a message that you were intending to send- all in 5 minutes. This might prove very useful for people who have spotted an obvious typo, forgot to attach a file or sent the email to the wrong person.
To start using this new feature, go to Labs and scroll down to find Undo Send and enable it. Now that you enable it, whenever you want to undo a sent message, just click the “Undo” button and you will be back in time- to when you were still writing that email. Seems like Google just keeps pumping new features into Gmail. We will be keeping tabs on more Gmail news. Let us know how this nifty 5 second feature helped saved your day!! 😀
Twitter directories are places to search and find new Twitter users to follow based on your own interests as well as see top Twitter users in a particular niche area. Currently, there are quite a few of these services around such as Twellow. If you are using these type of services, you might want to check out WeFollow, a latest user-generated Twitter directory.
WeFollow is the latest project by Digg founder, Kevin Rose. The purpose of WeFollow is simple: it attempts to displays and categorize Twitter users according to tags and hence enable Twitter users to find out more about Twitters users in a particular tags users a clean and streamlined interface. Also there is a sidebar with a link to add yourself to the list with your own tags, by tweeting a reply to FollowMe.
Already, the list is very huge and there are Top Twitter users on the list such as cnnbrk and BarrackObama and we predict that the list will gets very large as more Twitter users are on the list. However, WeFollow might just be another Twitter popularity lists as we covered a while ago, but it can be quite fun as useful for new Twitter users and help us keep tab of the latest tweets across all the latest tags, so why not go have a try at it? Feel free to subscribe to our blog updates by email or RSS or comment and let us know what you think of this post!!
Though not as popular as its social bookmarking counterpart Digg, we still use reddit a lot and we like many things about reddit ranging from the great features and interface to its cute red alien mascot. So we compiled a list of many apps, mash-ups and stuffs to get the most out of your reddit experience. All of these reddit stuffs are mostly free unless otherwise stated and we hope you will like them after trying them. Feel free to subscribe to our blog updates by email or RSS or comment and let us know what you think of this post!!
iPod Touch/iPhone Apps And Mobile Application
- Main reddit site: Here is where you will spend most of your time on reddit browsing the latest top reddits and submitting anything that you found interesting, funny or just “WTF”
- Mobile reddit: The stripped-down and faster version of reddit on your mobile phone.
- iReddit: The official iPod Touch/iPhone reddit app that lets you have access to all the usual reddit functions in a normal apps such as vote, comment, share, and save links as well as view subreddits. [More info here]
- open source reddit: A free and open source reddit app for your iPod Touch/iPhone if you do not want to pay just to use reddit on the move.
- Satellite: Another reddit app for your iPod Touch/iPhone. We have not tried this out yet but from the look of it, you might want to take a look at it which is cheaper ($0.99) than iReddit ($1.99)
Firefox Plugins, Scripts And Extensions
- Socialite: A reddit Firefox extension which lets you enjoy all the reddit features from your browser. [More Firefox scripts and plugins at Userscripts and Firefox plugins page]
- Add Reddit Comments To Digg: A Greasemonkey script for Firefox to “add Reddit comments to Digg for the same article & allows you to submit comments to Reddit as well.”
- reddit commentroversy: Another Greasemonkey script to show up and down votes for reddit.
- SocialMonkey: Another Firefox plugin that shows the following info about a story on reddit: Number of diggs the story has received, Number of people that bookmarked it on del.icio.us and Number of links to the story according to Technorati.
Blog And Other Widgets
- Reddit Button WordPress Plugin: Display a reddit button on your blog posts with high customization.
- Reddit WordPress Widget: Displays your latest liked items on reddit.com on your WordPress blog.
- Reddit Links: This cool Opera browser widget displays a list of links from reddit. [more reddit widgets at WidgetBox]
- reddit.com: what’s new online!: A stunning widget from Widgetbox which displays the latest headlines and news from reddit. Add it to your WordPress blog or MySpace page and many other networking services.
- reddit bookmarklets: Don’t use Firefox? Then add and drag these bookmarklets to your Internet Explorer or Safari to have the functionality of reddit.com in your toolbar.
- reddit buttons and widget: Show your love for reddit by putting up all these reddit buttons on your blog for people to reddit your posts or pull in the latest reddit headlines and displaying them through a customized reddit widget.
- Twitter reddit: If you use Twitter a lot, then follow reddit on Twitter for the latest updates and newest reddits.
We like Twitter a lot and we found many useful Twitter mash-ups and apps that we used on a daily basis. In this post, we will show you 8+ must-have Twitter mash-ups and apps you must really try out. All of these apps and mash-ups are free and should be really useful to you.
- Twitpic: A photo-sharing service for Twitter in which you upload a photo you want to share with your Twitter followers from your desktop or your mobile phone when you are on the move.
- TinyUrl: Thanks goodness for this nifty URL-shortening service so that we can put links withinf the 140 characters limit of Twitter.
- RTM Twitter: RememberTheMilk comes to Twitter.
- Twitterfeed: Your followers can now follow your blog updates by Twitter though this awesome app.
- Snipt: Share your code snippets on Twitter whenever you need it.
- mail2twitter: Send an email to tweet what you are doing from anywhere.
- twe2: Free Twitter SMS [Read more here]
- Others: We have a lot more apps and mash-ups in this post.