Posts Tagged ‘social’
Google Friend Connect is a social service by Google that lets you join a particular site’s group as a member and lets you connect with the other members and your friends. Compared to other social services, Google Friend Connect is relatively new and unique. Just recently, Google Friend Connect has been updated with a new feature update known as Recommendation Gadgets which lets you and your visitors “recommend” the best content on your site. In short, here is a quick excerpt from the Google blog on how it works, along with a quick introductory video:
Members can recommend the content they like, anything from a whole page to a single photo, by simply clicking a button. Then you and anyone who visits your site can see what parts of your site are the most popular. The items with the most votes will surface to the top of the list, making it easier for others to find even if it’s buried deep within your site. You can even see which members have recommended a given item and learn more about them.
Swine Flu Toolbox: 45+ Awesome Apps, Mash-Ups, Plugins And Services To Track And Be Safe From Swine Flu
Swine flu is spreading like wildfire all around the world. Swine flu, also known as H1N1 is a avian influenza virus that started in Mexico and has been spreading globally since the last month, such as the USA and recently to Asia. With the use of social media such as Twitter as well as the use of Web 2.0, you can track the latest swine flu news and trends easily and quickly, all in real-time. Here is a great list of 45+ awesome apps, add-ons, services, mashups and plugins to get updated about the latest swine flu news as well as to visualize and track it as the flu spread across the world, while keeping yourself safe from the flu. Be sure to help us spread this post on Twitter or digg this post if you liked it!!
Swine Flu News Alerts And Updates
- Swine Flu Alltop: All the swine flu news coverage across many media outlets can be seen here in an easy interface.
- Pulse Swine Flue Tracker: Pulse has a tracker dedicated to tracking the latest swine flu outbreaks and news that is updated regularly.
- H1N1 Swine Influenza Timeline: See the latest updates of Swine Flu in a text outline and timeline form with links to the news sources for more details.
- Addict-o-matic Swine Flu: This might be the best service for tracking swine flu updates. You can track the latest swine flu news on Twitter, Friendfeed, Digg, Delicious, YouTube and many more social media outlets all in one neat and easy interface.
- Swine Flu Tracking: News Media all about the swine flu including graphs, maps, videos and pictures.
- Swine Flu Google News: Use Google News to track the latest Swine Flu news across all news media online.
Swine Flu Updates On Twitter
- Veratect On Twitter: Veratect is a tech company that provides new on the earliest detection of the latest information on the swine influenza on Twitter 24/7.
- RedCross On Twitter: Get the latest news and tips from the American Red Cross on how to prepare and keep safe from Swine Flu.
- HealthMap On Twitter: Keep track of the latest news from HealthMap through Twitter.
- WHO News On Twitter: WHO is on Twitter with the latest swine flu alets.
- Tweetmeme Swine Flu Outbreak: The Swine Flu Outbreak channel on Tweetmeme posts the latest and most popular links relating to Swine Flu.
- The_Swine_Flu: If swine flu were to be tweeting on Twitter…
- CDC Twitter: The official account of CDC with the latest breaking news on swine flu.
- Twitter Search Swine Flu: Nothing beats tracking the latest swine flu news other than Twitter Search.
Swine Flu Maps, Visualizations And Trends
- Google Flu Trends: Keep track of the latest flu trends by using Google Flu Trends which make use of Google search data to track flu activity in the U.S. two weeks faster than traditional systems
- Experimental Flu Trends for Mexico: Same as Google Flu Trends but this is used to track the flu trends in Mexico instead along with details of the situation in different states of Mexico.
- HealthMap: Track the latest outbreaks of the virus around the world on a map across many countries with lots of details.
- Swine Flu Twitter Map Tracker: Track the latest tweets about the swine flu in real-time.
- H1N1 Swine Flu Google Maps: Track the latest swine flu outbreak with this great map tracker from Google Map.
- Swine Flu Cases Maps NYTimes: Another great alternative to tracking the Swine flu on an interactive map from the New York Times.
- Swine Flu World Map: Visualize the latest swine flu cases on a world map and check for confirmed, death and negative cases.
- Interactive Swine Flu Map From NBC: Can’t get enough of tracking the swine flu on the map? NBC has another map to track it too.
- BBC Swine Flu Map: See how the swine flu has spread across the world and how many cases have been confiremd along with the death toll.
- Flu Tweets On Google Maps: Track the latest tweets about swine flu all around the U.S in real-time on Google Maps.
Swine Flu Alerts And Updates On iPod Touch/iPhone And Mobile Phones
- H1N1 Command Central: A great site optimized for your iPhone to keep track of the latest swine flu updates on a map and via news headlines.
- 2009 H1N1 Virus (Influenza A) Tracker: A simple and easy to use iPhone web app to track swine flu cases.
- Swine Flu News: A great compilation of Swine Flu News for iPhone users to browse.
- Swine Flu Bulletins And Headline News: Yet another iPhone optimized swine flu news tracker.
- Swine Flu SMS Alerts: If you want to keep track of the pig flu, here is a great SMS alert service to keep you updated when you are on the move.
- Mobile CDC: Now you can get the latest CDC swine flu news on your mobile phone.
Swine Flu Widgets And Buttons
- Swine Flu Widgets From WidgetBox: A great list of widgets to put on your blog and other social networking accounts to track the latest swine flu news.
- Swine Flu Widget From Feedzilla: Another widget that provides a map about the latest swine flu updates as well as links to news media about the latest global swine flu news.
- CDC H1N1 News Updates: A widget from Netvibes that can be installed on Mac, Windows and many more which track the latest swine influenza news.
- Swine Flu Mapping: Free Swine Flu mapping widget for your Mac to track swine flu in real time using the Google Maps API.
- CDC Swine Flu Widgets: CDC has a whole lot of widgets relating to swine flu for you to put it on your social accounts.
- Swine Flu Buttons: Do your part to keep Swine Flu at bay by encouraging your web site visitors to stay away from Swine Flu.
- Swine Flu Updates: Keep track of the latest news about the H1N1 Flu virus from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) using this web slice that can be installed on your Internet Explorer as as an add-on.
Other Swine Flu Media Outlets And Stuffs
- The Swine Flu On Facebook: Track the latest Swine Flu news in a humorous way as this Facebook account tweets the latest swine flu spread around the world in an informal way.
- Swine Flu On Facebook: This Facebook group keep tracks of the latest news about swine flu.
- Swine Flu – Influenza A (H1N1) – Facts News Updates Widgets: Another Facebook group dedicated to tracking the latest swine flu news updates.
- CDC On Facebook: CDC is on Facebook to keep you updated with the latest swine flu updates. Seems like CDC is embracing social media a lot now as an effective communication outlet.
- CDC Group: Another social group from CDC.
- CDC Myspace: If you are still using Myspace, CDC is also on Myspace as well with the latest updates.
- CDC Flickr: Wow!! Now you can also browse the latest swine flu images from CDC on Flickr!!
- CDC RSS: CDC also has a whole list of RSS for you to subscribe in an RSS reader to keep track of the latest updates easily.
- CDC e-Cards: Pretty much irrelevant to this post, but you can send an e-card to your loved one to keep them healthy.
- CDC YouTube: Check out the latest videos about swine flu and tips and tricks to prevent the flu- all on YouTube.
- Flue Wiki: Flu Wiki has everything you need to know about the swine flu with lots of resources and how to prepare for it.
More Swine Flu Resources, Lists And Compilations
Socialthing has been quiet for quite a while with no new developments. But until recently, Socialthing has launched a new services called Socialthing for Websites which is supposed to be an “advanced suite of social networking services” that enable site owners to connect with the readers. Basically, it just means that website owners can just now interact with their readers through social networking- and all that in real-time. All the readers have to do is to sign in with their AIM username and password and gain access to other social services like Twitter and Flickr through AOL’s Open Authentication API as well as chat with one another through the chat: all of these in a neat toolbar at the bottom of the site. Meanwhile, The Boot is using this service on which you can use it to go for a quick trial. Socialthing for Websites looks highly functional and impressive but it is still in beta to allow more testing and better improvements. Could Socialthing be the next big thing to overtake Facebook Connect in the area of social networking integration? We will let you know once Socialthing for Websites gets out of beta.