Posts Tagged ‘twitter apps’
We are always on the constant lookout for the latest and coolest Twitter apps and services. And that pretty much include Twitter photo-sharing services as well. Just recently a new Twitter photo-sharing service called TweetPhoto was launched and after trying it out, we think it might just be the next big photo-sharing since Twitpic. Here is a quick rundown and review of what TweetPhoto is all about.
TweetPhoto was initially in private beta a few months ago but has since gone live on Thursday April 30th and it seems like it was already quite popular in its initial stages. And to give it a test run, just log in with your Twitter username and password and you will be greeted with a simple and neat interface. Then, you can upload a photo, tag it, and tweet it along with a message. From there, you can explore even more awesome functions like viewing other Twitter user’s photo, favorite them and commenting them.
Other additional stuffs included are widgets integration as well as an API which might proved useful to some. Other than that, TweetPhoto proves to be very good and we are already loving it. Be sure to try it out!! You might just love it!! Here is a quick list of features in TweetPhoto:
- Upload photos by email, mobile or web
- See who viewed any photo
- Favorite or retweet any photo
- Photos are automatically geo-tagged
- Filter photos by Twitter or Facebook friends
- Automatically publish photos to Facebook
- Search photos and see trending tags
Twitter is hot and making an impact on social networking on the web. With the recent Twitter race between Ashton Kutcher and CNN as well as Tweetie just released for the Mac, Twitter is becoming more and more significant in the social networking and social media world. It is no wonder Twitter is a great platform for many awesome extensions to develop. In this post, we will show you to 70+ Twitter apps, add-ons, services, mashups and plugins to enhance your Twitter experience. Please help us spread this post on Twitter if you liked this article!! All of the Twitter apps listed below are free unless otherwise stated:
Apple Mac Desktop Twitter Clients
- Twitterific: Undoubtedly one of the most popular native Twitter app on the Mac, Twitterific has a rich set of features as well as a gorgeous and slick interface. You can get an ad-supported Twitterific for free but if you want to remove the ads, you would have to pay $14.95.
- TwitterPost: One of the earliest Twitter client on the Mac, TwitterPost might not have been updated for a long time, but its neat and clean interface might be appealing to some users.
- Eventbox: A social app thats integrates Flickr, Facebook, Twitter, Pownce, Digg, Reddit, RSS and Google Reader all in one great place. Eventbox is currently a shareware with a price tag of $15.00.
- MoodBlast: Ping your latest status update to iChat, Skype, Adium, Twitter, Jaiku, Tumblr and Facebook in MoodBlast without using multiple apps. MoodBlast is a charityware so be sure to donate if you can to support its development!! Kudos to the developer for such a useful app!!
- TwitterPod: Another neat and simple Twitter app with all the basic features.
- NatsuLion: Designed to be simple and easy to use
- Blogo: A shareware priced at $25.00 that is designed for bloggers to manage their blogs and social networking accounts all in one place.
- Lounge: Neat interface that is similar to iTunes and its iPhone counterpart, Lounge is currently in alpha stage but shows great promise as a prominent Twitter app.
- Tweetie: We told your about Tweetie at the start of this post. Tweetie is a native Mac Twitter app that is comparable to other Twitter AIR apps.
- DestroyTwitter: A relatively new Twitter client with an unusual interface.
- Nambu: Another popular Twitter client that is on the rise.
- Bluebird: Highly customizable with themes and is both clean and simple, Bluebird is still in its beta but it is showing quite a huge potential.
- Pwitter: A Twitterific clone that is free and slightly more functional.
- Scalaris: A menubar app thats uses Growl to notify you of updates.
Apple Mac Dashboard Twitter Clients
- Twidget: Update and track the latest Tweets in your Dashboard by using Twidget, a highly functional widget
- Twitterlex: Another client that boost a highly simple and compact interface and is also highly functional.
- TwitterBoard: Another Twitter client on the Dashboard.
- Twitgit: Tweet from your dashbaord and keep track of the latest tweets.
- Chirp Widget: Sweet customizable Twitter widget with a stunning interface.
Adobe AIR Clients (Cross-Platform, supports Windows, Mac and Linux)
- thwirl: One of the best and well-known Twitter AIR client, twhirl is both simple and highly functional.
- TweetDeck: TweetDeck place much emphasis on organizing your Twitter feed based on categories and groups and is highly suitable to Twitter users.
- Snitter: Another neat Adobe AIR client for light Twitter users.
- Spaz: An Adobe AIR Twitter client that is open-source and licensed under a BSD license.
- Seesmic Desktop: A neat Twitter client from the Seesmic team.
- feedalizer: One-click micro-blogging client that supports Twitter, FriendFeed and Flickr.
- Tweetr: Send file to your friends just by dragging it to Tweetr as well as camera function using this cool Twitter app.
Firefox Twitter Plugins
- Twitbin: One of the most popular and simplest twitter plugin on Firefox
- TwitterFox: Another neat Firefox Twitter client alternative.
- TwitterBar: Now you can tweet a quick post from your address bar in FireFox using this nifty app. A small Twitter icon sits to the right of your address bar; clicking on it will post your tweet, and you can hover your mouse over it to see how many characters you have left.
- TwitKit: Another awesome Twitter client alternative for tweeting on Firefox
Other Twitter Clients
- Pwytter: A free multi-platform Twitter client written in Python.
- PeraPeraPrv: Pure Java client that is cross-plaform.
- Tweetbox: A Twitter client built in JavaFX
- Tweeter: Another Twitter app built on Java.
Mobile And iPod Touch/iPhone Applications
- Hahlo: A cool Twitter web client that is specially optimized for iPod Touch/iPhone users with a sleek interface and rich set of features to satisfy your Twitter needs when you are on the move.
- TwitterFon: A simple and clean Twitter app on the iPod Touch/iPhone
- Twitterific: The most popular Mac Twitter app comes to the iPhone with the same terrific interface.
- Twinkle: One of the best Twitter app on the iPhone with a neat functionality.
- Nambu: Twitter + FriendFeed + Ping.fm + pic.im/tr.im client on the iPhone.
- Twittlelator: Another fully featured Twitter iPhone app.
- NatsuLion For iPhone: Open Source Twitter goodnesss on your iPod Touch/iPhone with very small memory footprint.
- PocketTweets: Twitter web interface for your iPhone
- twitterforiphone: Neat web Twitter client optimized for your iPhone
- iTweet: A great web client that is very light-weight loads very fast and is suitable for both the iPhone and mobile phones.
Twitter Image + Vidoes + Music Sharing And Hosting
- Twitpic: Among the most popular app to share picture on your Twitter account from your desktop or mobile phone.
- Yfrog: Another photo sharing service create by ImageShack with a simple and neat interface.
- Twitgoo: Twitgoo has an interface that is similar to Twitter itself and is another great alternative to Twitpic.
- Twadl: Share photo and track how many people clicked on the link you posted. Uploading of music files will be supported at a later date.
- Twibeo: Fun and easy way to share photos and videos using Twibeo.
- Posterous; Update and share the latest media files just by emailing Posterous without having to sign up.
- Picktor: Picktor is very unique and convenient as it allows you to manage and tag your photos across your social networks, such as MySpace, Twitter, Flickr and Facebook.
- Pix.im: Another free service that lets you upload your picture and share as well as tag and monitor the stats of the pictures.
- Tweetcube: Tweetcube allows you to share files on Twitter such as music, images and videos by uploading them with a cap of 10 MB and then tweeting on Twitter.
Twitter Ranking/Measurement/Visualizations Tools
- Twitterholic: Check out the latest ranking of all the Twitter users across the world as well as monitor your followers trends and other stats.
- Twitterank: Calculate your ranking and confidence level using Twitterank based on many criteria.
- Twitter Grader: Another Twitter app that measures your reach, ranking and other details.
- TwitGraph: Twitgraph presents all your Twitter stats and data in a easily digestible pie chart form.
- TweetStats: Same as TwitGraph except that it uses colorful bar chart instead
- Twitter Stats: Another mashup alternative to visualize your Twitter stats
- WeFollow: A Twitter directory arranged according to many categories such as tech and music and has a massive number of Twitter users lists based on follower count.
Twitter Buttons, Icons And Generators
- Twitter Buttons: A cool site that offers loads of Twitter buttons for you to use.
- MySocialButtons [Twitter]: A huge collection of gorgeous and high-quality Twitter buttons and icons that are free to use.
- Tweetsnap: Generate a Twitter badge photo with the latest tweet and place it on your site.
- Tweetbars: Generate signature badges to be used on your blogs, emails or forums using your Twitter account.
- TwitStamp: Similar to Tweetsnap but it offers a greater level of customization.
- Tweeterized: Another neat Twitter badge generator with a high level of customization.
- Twitter Tag: Another Twitter badge generator with unique features.
- Prettytweet: Create your own Twitter background using this simple app.
- Tweetmeme Button: Let your reader and friends retweet your posts using these buttons.
- TweetSmarter: Generate an instant retweet link using this nifty tool
More Twitter Resources, Lists And Collections
- Social Bookmarking Buttons: 25+ Sets Of Free Stunning Web 2.0 Icons [Over 500+ Icons]
- TWITTER TOOLBOX: 60+ Twitter Tools
- Twittermania: 140+ More Twitter Tools!
- 26 Ways To Share Images and Pictures on Twitter [List]
- 181 Free Twitter Buttons, Badges, Widget and Counters to Help You Find Followers
- Twitter Fan Wiki Ultimate List Of Apps
Picnik is an online photo editor that has many advanced features that are similar to Adobe Photoshop but has a simpler and more intuitive interface than Photoshop. Just a day ago, Picnik has updated its service to include Twitter as one of its Save and Share feature, among the other sharing services such as Flickr and Facebook. Basically, after you are done with editing your image, you can choose to save and share on your twitter account and choose to save it as a tweet, a profile picture or a Twitter background. This new feature has come about due to a partnership between Twitgoo, a media-sharing service created by Photobucket to post pictures on Twitter.
From the look of it, this Twitter integration has made Picnik to be a really great service for both editing pics as well as sharing pics- all from one place which is really convenient and easy. And if you are really interested in their latest updates and development, be sure to follow their Twitter account for the latest Picnik news. Comment and let us know what you think of this!!
AllThatsNew has been on Twitter for quite a while but we have not posted it before so here is the post we have been waiting to post: please follow allthatsnew on Twitter. AllThatsNew will be posting the latest news in social networking and tech so be sure to follow us along for these updates. We are currently working on improving the Twitter account and the temporary avatar might not look good now but we will improve on that. Thanks a lot to those who can follow us!! : )
We have covered and reviewed quite a few Twitter clients before. Today, Seesmic introduced a new Twitter client that is powered by Adobe AIR. Currently, the Twitter AIR area is filled with many clients ranging from the top apps such as Tweetdeck and Twhirl to other less known apps. As a start, Seesmic Desktop might appeal to heavy Twitter users with its features and slick interface. Users of Tweetdeck may find Seesmic Desktop to be slightly similar in terms of its organization and design.
Currently, it is a Twitter-only client but there may be plans to add other services like Facebook. You can manage multiple accounts as well as share pictures from the app. Seesmic Desktop is currently a preview release and they are still rooms for improvements but already it is proving to be a potential Tweetdeck replacement as seen from Twitter users. To check out Seesmic Desktop, just install Adobe AIR and join the Team Seesmic to download it. We will be keeping more updates on this app so comment and let us know what you think!! :D
We like Twitter a lot and we found many useful Twitter mash-ups and apps that we used on a daily basis. In this post, we will show you 8+ must-have Twitter mash-ups and apps you must really try out. All of these apps and mash-ups are free and should be really useful to you.
- Twitpic: A photo-sharing service for Twitter in which you upload a photo you want to share with your Twitter followers from your desktop or your mobile phone when you are on the move.
- TinyUrl: Thanks goodness for this nifty URL-shortening service so that we can put links withinf the 140 characters limit of Twitter.
- RTM Twitter: RememberTheMilk comes to Twitter.
- Twitterfeed: Your followers can now follow your blog updates by Twitter though this awesome app.
- Snipt: Share your code snippets on Twitter whenever you need it.
- mail2twitter: Send an email to tweet what you are doing from anywhere.
- twe2: Free Twitter SMS [Read more here]
- Others: We have a lot more apps and mash-ups in this post.